2.03.2012

Sorepocalypse NOW!!

Okay, so the plan called for two-a-days to start Wednesday.  They started today.  The Power90 workout is fun, it's fast-paced, and it involves body movements that I haven't done in a looooong time. 


And of course, I couldn't take it easy (Mistake #1).


And of course, I was up at 5:00 am to do the first work out, and it didn't occur to me to make sure I was doing the CORRECT one, so I inadvertently did the cardio one first, instead of the circuit.  Not all bad, since the elliptical work should have gotten me close.  It didn't.  So I'm sore.  (Mistake #2).


MORE IMPORTANTLY, the "AbRipper100" end to the cardio session deserves a comment.  I think I mentioned my "front porch" previously.  The AR-100 is 10 exercises@10 reps each for 100 total, ab-ripping reps enacted on a lump of clay? BAD idea.  Actually, it's a good idea, but it had some interesting aftereffects, such as a full stomach wall cramp for what felt like ages. 


When I was younger, I remember a guy at a Powerhouse Gym telling me about "this huge fat dude" who came in post-New Year's to start fulfilling his resolutions. Half-way through his first 100 reps on a decline bench doing sit-ups, he tore his abdominal wall, and the gym had to call an ambulance.  I think I felt a little of what that guy did- my gut was cramped down like a piece of concrete.  Then, it would release for a second, I'd go to move toward the kitchen, and BLAMMO, cramp again.  Terrible stuff.  But I got through it.  And I did the AbRipper100 again today.  No cramping.  Heck yeah.  I still have a keg instead of a six pack, but it's a start!


One "Human Interest" point for this post: I've been forcing myself to watch "The Biggest Loser" and "Fat Chef."  Since Biggest Loser debuted, I have refused to watch it for a variety of reasons (mostly, because I hate reality TV, but that's the only sort of real excuse).  The real reason, I now believe, is that I was in denial that I could have been a participant on that show without any trouble.  Watching the first couple of episodes and the initial weigh-ins dispelled that myth.  I was 342- I could have been one of the "largest competitors, capable of putting up 'huge numbers' each week for my team."  Damn. Oh well, I have awoken.  The day is new.  And I am not going back.


And so: three days into two-a-days, and I got one done (tonight), but I'm on track again- and I DID keep everything on track diet-wise, and the results should speak for themselves:


Day 12, Weight: 314.2 lbs (-28.2 lbs).  Booya!

No comments:

Post a Comment