1.28.2012

Days 3-6 - Madden's Madness

I cruised through days three, four, five, and six.  Work puts me on autopilot food-wise, if I have a plan.  I took a couple of bags of sliced carrots, some hummus, and some low-fat, low-sodium turkey slices to work, and nibbled all day on them.  I also ate a Fiber One bar mid-morning every day.  Getting enough fiber is a challenge for me, historically, so I'm making a concerted effort in that regard. 

The weekend will be the challenge, when I have tons of options and loads of time.  The plan is to work out, keep moving, and to not, under any circumstances, venture near a buffet-style restaurant of any kind.  Not that I go to those very often, but it's certainly not time to start, LOL


If my Gadget is any indication, I'm burning between 1,000 and 2,000 calories a day above what I've been eating.  I haven't been starving myself, but having to track every meal and snack on the BodyMedia website has kept me honest (so far).  The one thing I'm a little pissed about, is that the Gadget doesn't seem to know when I'm sleeping.  It shows me getting 23 minutes, 30 minutes, and an hour of sleep in the last three days, respectively.  By MY non-scientific count of time, which basically amounts to, "I was not awake during the hours of xx:xx and yy:yy," I got 5, 6, and 8 hours of sleep those days.  Maybe the Gadget needs more time to figure out how I sleep. 


Also, STAY OFF THE ROADS WHEN I'M DRIVING.  Apparently, my morning drive is the equivalent of an hour on the treadmill - my caloric burn during that morning drive is extraordinarily high, considering I'm sitting on my ass drinking coffee for 45 minutes.  Who knew?  I'm guessing it's another calibration issue or something.  Will keep you posted.  Will also start uploading the screenshots of my dashboard as I progress- this Gadget is really cool!!


Ok, so back to the title (finally), John Madden is one of my favorite people on earth.  Someday, I'll explain that, but essentially, he is the NFL's embodiment of living life to the fullest.  A Football Dionysus, cruising from one grand adventure to another, and enjoying the hell out of every moment.  One of his famous quotes that no one seems to remember is, "Look at the front porch on THAT guy!"  I keep thinking of it, whenever I look at these pictures.  As promised, here are the "Beginning" photos:



Like how I could neither put down my mobile NOR my wine?  Yeah, that's me. 


Apparently, I'm lecturing someone here.  Nicely.  This always happens.

Still lecturing...behind the mask, I'm screaming at this dude.

 
Striking a pose...then back to the wine (and phone)...


There we go.  Much better with my shirt back on.  I think I'll name the baby George.

Just to remind you of where I started this Quest:
Weight: 342.6 lbs.
Waist Measured: 59.8"
BMI: 49.2 (I mean, 1,000,000,000)

Day 6, Days on Track: 6. Next Weigh-In: 1/29/12.  See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment