2.08.2012

BEHOLD the GLORY!

No, this is not the Three Week Reveal.  Sorry to disappoint you.  I'm still considering whether to do a 30 day "check" or not.  No, that's not really true either, I'm really debating whether to SHARE the 30 day status with anyone.  I'll probably do it.  Or not.  I dunno.  Leave me alone on that, I'm still not all that comfortable here.  At least my a$$ is getting smaller, so it's not 'cuz I don't fit in the chair I'm sitting in!


The actual reason for the title of this post, is for me to share a personal epiphany I had yesterday.  Most of you will think it is so dumb, I wouldn't share it, except you all think I'm the son of a guy who died in 480 BC, so I feel confident you won't judge me for it.  And with that luxurious introduction: "People don't miss you when you're not at work for 14 hours, they only miss you when they need you at work."  Wow.  Earth-shattering, eh?  I guess that's why the term "core hours" was coined (originally, before bosses found out they could beat you up by making the start time before breakfast, and the end time after dinner)! 


As part of my Two-A-Days, I've been getting up earlier to work out, but because of the timing, I'm also getting to work just a shade earlier than my peers.  By a "shade," I mean, my car's engine is still cooling down, I've just turned on my office light, and they are pulling into the lot.  But for whatever reason, it's created some slack for me.  I am pretty sure it relates to one of my all-time pet peeves that I may share later on, but this is a conversation I overhead Tuesday as I was walking out the door at around 4:15 pm (early for me, normally).  Why was I leaving early?  Long-story-short: so I could get home to watch the kids while my Zumba-Teaching wife can go teach "latin jazzercise" to the plebeians of our fine town (see below).  Basically that conversation went like this:
Peer#1: "Is that Oly leaving?" 
Peer#2: "That dude? He's been here since before ME, and you KNOW how long I work!"
Peer#1: "No sh*t?! He's worked 12 hours today already!"
Peer#2: "More like 13!" [noticing me noticing them] "See ya, Oly!"
Me: "Don't you guys have anything better to do than smoke ciggies at 4:15?"
Peer#2: "Uh, heh heh, yeah! Have a good night!"


For the first time in at least 11 years, I don't feel bad leaving with the sun still up.  I do have to take my laptop home on those days and check to make sure none of the True Asshats to the company aren't trying to send out some crazy manifestos to anyone after hours (and after happy hour), but I take it home most nights, so that's no surprise.  I kinda like having it, even if I just flip it on and let it sit next to me, the glow illuminating my face (I fear I am addicted to it).


Back to the Zumba for a moment- yes, you read correctly, my wife is a Licensed Zumba instructor.  Her Zumba Name is: Dances With Jangles.  Yes, I weighed 313.6 pounds on Sunday.  No, I do not go to her class.  Yet.  To be honest I probably NEVER will).  Yes, she is small enough, that if I roll over in bed, I may suffocate her in a wad of clay-like flesh.  At least the risk is not as great now as it was 3 weeks ago.  If I DID roll over, she'd do some Ninja Zumba and boot my a$$ out of bed, though, so I wouldn't worry about her.  What's "Ninja Zumba?"  It's a secret.  A dark secret.  No, better yet, a Dark Art.  The Dark (re:LOUD) Arts of the Zumba Ninja- hiYAAA! BETO SHUFFLE! You should take her class.  You too can be a Zumba Ninja.  Just 45 minutes/week, and you can weigh 103 pounds!  It's true! Just look at her-


THIS IS HIS WIFE! HE IS MAKING FUN OF ZUMBA, AND YOU SHOULD NOT BELIEVE A WORD HE SAYS.  ZUMBA IS FUN, IT WORKS, AND I LOVE TEACHING IT!  COME TO MY CLASS! IF HE IS A REAL MAN HE WILL LINK TO MY ZUMBA FACEBOOK PAGE!!


Ouch- she did some Zumba Ninja Sh*t on me, and I just woke up with that lovely message added to my post.  I dare not delete it, and I better not push my luck.  You never know when the Zumba Ninja "Dances With Jangles" will call in reinforcements, and a full-blown Latin Line Dancing Party will break out! <shudder>


To be honest, I do like the music.  It's mostly fun stuff. 


Days on Track: 17.  Three Two-A-Days in the bag this week, oh yeah, baby!  My gut is really shrinking fast- I could probably pull my pants up a little and hide what's left...but I don't want the office mates getting too crazy with all the "dude, you're wasting away!" comments just yet...so I leave the little flap of the front porch out for now...it's like the "welcome mat," heh heh heh!

No comments:

Post a Comment